parents

This is my mom and dad. We just got back not too long ago from a New England/Canada cruise. I had never been on a cruise other than in the Caribbean. I am a sucker for the Caribbean. However, this was a nice change and besides, there was still the beach!I have always loved the beach. I could live there. There is just something about it that moves my soul. My favorite part of a beach day is sunset. Sitting at the edge of the sea as it tosses it waves up close to my feet. Sinking my toes into the soft sand. The setting sun kissing my brown shoulders. The gentle, warm southern breeze whisking through my locks of ocean dried hair. The smell of suntan oil on smooth skin. The beauty of a sun sinking lower with it's orange and yellow colors cascading over the water. The sound of seagulls making music in my ears. Man, I can close my eyes and almost be there.The next best thing would be cruising. Still on the water with frequent beach destinations. I do love cruising. My mom turned me on to this, so it's all her fault. She takes me on a cruise once a year. Sometimes just the two of us and sometimes we let my dad come along (ha!). We both enjoy it so much.We do things with the whole family as well, but this is a time that my attention is not divided. I can listen to what is going on in my parent's lives. Enjoy what they enjoy. Develop a better friendship with them. Make memories with them. Simply share time.My mom has learned that all she has to do is wave the beach/ocean "carrot" in front of me and I'm sold. I'm thankful that they take the time to continue to build an adult relationship with me. So...when is that next trip mom? (wink, wink)
3 comments:
You ARE spoiled. hahaha.
I think you happen to be a wonderful daughter! I would spoil you if you were mine!
I loved your description of being on the beach. I could see you there!
Post a Comment