20 October 2010

it's fall ya'll

Ok...ok...ok! I am getting so much harassment about my "giving in to fall" proclamation that I thought I better explain. For the record, I LOVE FALL! Look at those warm, vibrant colors on the trees. I am a warm-color kind of girl anyway, so the colors are perfect. In fact, I even made everyone stop the car last Sunday so I could jump out and take a picture of a tree. The big, bright yellow ones with the dark trunks are my favorite of all! (Side note; those who know me well, know I am a tree-loving nerd anyway)

My problem is letting go of summer. I hang on to it for as long as I can, squeezing out every last ounce. It is my favorite season, and I hate to see it go. So, every year, fall has to "push" it's way into my heart. I think fall is just jealous because it gets the least amount of decoration time. I wait so long that Christmas decor begins to steal fall's fair share. However, once I do give in to fall, I embrace it and snuggle in with it. This year the defining "moment" that I gave up was with the carving of pumpkins. The girls and their Momaw picked out those bright orange beauties and thus began my fall dive.

I got busy right away making our home into a cozy nest of fall colors. I do love the feel of an inviting home. Twinkling pumpkin lights now adorn empty spaces and the flicker of candlelight bounces off of the wall.

Now I can give in to my fall coffee flavors. I've purposely held back ordering my pumpkin spice latte out of rebellion, but now I cave in every time. Think I will go have one right now. If you come looking for me, I will be in this chair snuggling up with my mug, throw, and a bounty of leaves. Oh, by the way, I have a chair next to this one if you care to join me! Much love to ya'll this fall!

7 comments:

Mike Kearney said...

They look great here it is still really dry, however we are blessed with a little color of grace!

Yvonne Garner said...

Fall is my favorate time of year leaves falling off the tress, all the different browns yellow and red leaves. I know one thing God has given us all four seasons to enjoy. :o) Happy Fall Angie!

Kelly Werkmeister said...

Fall is my favorite! Love you too!

Leah Cherven said...

did someone say fall coffee flavors...yum!

ChloeBeth Shockley said...

Wow. It's fall ya'll? That's so dorky... haha:D

Gaye Thomsen said...

I love making pictures of fall too for I love the colors. Good job!

Yvonne Garner said...

The pictures look like they came out of a magazine... they are beautiful!