Oh, and if you see a hottie fly by you in an equally hot sports convertible...wave real big, it was probably Terri!
A Season of Gratitude – More than Just One Day a YearWe allow one day a year for Thanksgiving. I suppose it is good that we recognize at least one day! And, thankfully, retailers have yet to find a way to commercialize Thanksgiving (except for the mass quantities of food they hope to sell). But, how do we spend the other 364 days of the year? Are we thankful on those days too? It's easy to focus on what we perceive is “wrong” in this life...your list is probably long, like mine. Someone once asked me, how I could still have an attitude of gratitude following what was, to our little family, some devastating news. I admitted that I was upset, but, once placed in perspective, I still had so much for which to be grateful. I would mourn the news still, but I would not allow it to define our lives. We all have our ideas of what we believe we deserve out of this life - how we imagined it would be - and when it doesn't go like we planned, we can sometimes let our focus be on what we don't have, instead of what we do! We convince ourselves that we deserve those things out of life. Do we?Let's face it, when it comes right down to it, I don't deserve the very next breath of air that I breathe. It is a gift from God!. So, that next rush of air into my lungs that sustains my very life, that is a blessing and something for which I should be grateful. Everything else is just “the cherry-on-top.” When I look at life from that perspective, oh, my list of “blessings” gets a lot longer. Can I walk? Can I see? Can I communicate? Do I have family? Friends? A job? I could go on... There's an old church hymn that says “Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings, see what God has done.” I think that is a wise practice because it forces us to change our perspective. When we focus on what we do have, we find plenty of reasons to be grateful. But, remember, you choose every day which perspective you will have. So, I encourage you, BREATHE DEEPLY and, starting there, be thankful for your many blessings at Thanksgiving and always!
1 comment:
Ha, you were too kind in your introduction! Thanks for the opportunity to "blog". It was my first experience! :)
Post a Comment