07 November 2011

joe mckeever

I am really happy to share my guest blogger with you today, Dr. Joe McKeever. Joe has been on an incredible journey with the Lord and continues to live a full life of service to our Savior.
While many folks retire from ministry when they come into their golden years, for Joe it's full steam ahead. To learn more about this multi-faceted man, check out his information page on his own personal blog, but don't stop there, explore his entire blog! If I could share just a few lines about him, I would love for you to know that Joe is a man who cares. I have come to love him as he has been an encourager for me in a some dark times. I refer to him as my big brother Joe (although, in age, he would be closer to being my Dad - sorry Joe! However, I would have been one very blessed girl to have had him for a Father).
Be encouraged by Dr. Joe's simple, yet power packed devotion!



In hospital rooms with critically ill patients, I tell them, "I want to give you a 3-word prayer. THANK YOU, JESUS." On subsequent visits, I remind them of our 3-word prayer, and ask if they remember those words. More than once, plugged up with all kinds of tubes and monitors, patients have held up 3 fingers, their way of saying they continue to pray, thanking Jesus. Such a simple prayer, but it covers so much territory--the past ("thanking Him for what He has done"), the present ("what He is doing right now"), and the future ("what He will do"). I suppose that makes it a 3-Dimensional prayer. And who among us would not want to pray in 3-D?

2 comments:

Jason said...

Dr. Joe, Sometimes when life gets tough in general, all a person can do is muster a few words of prayer and then there are those times that you can't even muster a few words...that is why we need our brothers and sisters praying FOR us!
-Jason

Anonymous said...

I got a chance to look at Mr. McKeever's blog and saw a lot of information and encouraging words for ministers and christians, but not so much for unbelievers. I am assuming he is only trying to reach the community of faith through his blog. If that is the purpose, he has done a well job.
Let me propose a question concerning the current post on this blog. Why would you suggest that a person be thankful while in the middle of a crisis or struggle? I would think that would be a time for a christian to exercise their faith in prayer by asking God to intervene on their behalf.
Just me thinking out loud.