21 September 2010

kentuckians vs. david copperfield














Ahhh. I can already feel the ocean breeze and the smell of the salt water. I am a sucker for the beach. Any beach, any where. So, when my mom offered to take me on a cruise again, she didn't have to twist my arm! However, this cruise will be a little different. This will be my 8th (or 9th?) cruise, but all of them have been in the Caribbean. This one will take me on new adventures to new places. It is a New England/Canada cruise. I cannot wait to experience the rocky beaches of those areas (and maybe catch a sight of a whale!).
Here is the itinerary:
Thursday/Friday: Boston, Mass (Doing some historical sightseeing.)
Saturday: Cruising
Sunday: Portland, Maine
Monday: Bar Harbor, Maine
Tuesday: Saint John, Canada
Wednesday: At Sea
Thursday: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Friday: At Sea
Saturday: Fly home
The last time I went on a cruise with my mom was to the Panama Canal. Brad was at home with the girls, trying his best to navigate the estrogen-filled home all on his own. This time should prove to be equally challenging! The girls are already freaking out about how their clothes are going to get washed (I know, they should know how to do it themselves...that's for another blog). I told them to look at it this way, they will get to eat out every night and probably get a new wardrobe out of it! haha!
Hopefully, though, Brad won't feel the need to go to such extremes to make me feel guilty as the last time. You need to read this post
"Two Very Different Weeks" to fully understand. Here is the short version. Brad concocted this whole scheme just to make me feel sorry for him and the girls. I mean, he went all out! He even included the entire state of Kentucky. He and all of Kentucky got together and made up this whole "ice storm" event. They pulled off what David Copperfield could only dream about. You should have seen it. In the middle of winter they turned on their water hoses, sprayed their trees and let them freeze just so they would crack and knock down power lines! They even took all kinds of pictures. I still have no idea how they made all that snow, now that was impressive. They passed around emails about needing to borrow generators and spend the night at places that had heat. Man! Even the schools were in on it! They let the kids out of school for the entire time I was gone!
You know, they almost had me fooled. Until my plane landed in Lexington and it was 60 degrees outside and not a drop of snow.......

3 comments:

Mary said...

Poor Brad!! Hope you have fun though! Take lots of pictures for us! LOVE YOU!

Tammy said...

LOL!!! Girl, you crack me up!!!! I love reading your blog!!

Anonymous said...

That is just WRONG! ha ha!

David