18 September 2010

inquiring minds want to know

For the past couple of years my biological clock has been ticking. I think it has something to do with a certain age that is drawing closer and closer (gasp!). I mean, if I could have one more snuggley little one, I better do it soon. I certainly don't want my child pushing my oxygen tank around at their graduation!Since moving back to Springfield, I have been spending time with the most perfect little two year old (since mine were that age, of course!). She is an absolute angel. I love her so much. Some days Eden and I get to play but it never seems long enough. I have just enough time to give in to her every little heart's desire (hey, chocolate is a legitimate meal!). Recently, I was asked if I wanted to keep her for a day while her mommy was at work. Well, OF COURSE Auntie A (which is so adorable when she says it!) will keep her. Here is a little sample of our day:Arriving at Auntie A's house, there are always two immediate stops. First is the M&M stash (which she thinks we manufacture them!) and the next is the cabinet. She marches over to it, opens it up and begins her search (while eating her M&M's). She picks out what she wants. Next, she always wants to find Rosie, the cat (or "wosie", as she calls her).This particular day, she wanted to eat beside kitty (yes, on the floor, but that's okay, she is at Auntie A's house!). Then there is play time. We go look for the birds, jump on the trampoline, play doll house, chase the kitty, have a dance party....did I mention I still have dishes to do and laundry to finish? No time for that, it's lunch time. After lunch I can get those dishes done and the laundry going again. What's that? "Pay wif me, Auntie A", well OF COURSE! So it's off to the park we go:First stop, feed the ducks. Do you know how long it takes a 2 year old to go through a loaf of bread? Forever! I guess I just forgot. After running from the mob of ducks, who apparently called all their buddies in from out of town, we made it to the swings. Did I mention it feels like 110 degrees outside?
Lucky for Eden, she gets a breeze while swinging. Whew. I am getting a little tired. I have had a two year old before, three times to be exact, but for some reason it seems more tiring today. Hmmm. Maybe I am out of practice. Did I mention how much this child loves to swing?
Sweat is rolling down my back. I think I feel faint. Push the toddler faster, it creates a breeze. Water. I need water. "Eden, you ready to go back to Auntie A's house?" A "yes" never sounded so beautiful...what's that? Oh...you want to see the duck's one more time? How could I possibly say no?
Finally! On our way home! Wait!! No...no...no.....is she falling asleep? Actual conversation between me and the Lord: "Please, please Lord, let her go back to sleep once we get home." Back at home she is awake and I talk her into laying in the bed beside me. After rubbing her back and singing "Do You Know the Muffin Man" (for the 100th time...but that's okay; it's our special song), she finally goes to sleep (thank you Lord!!). Just when I think I am about to take a nice little slumber, I am reminded that I haven't spent a minute with the Lord that day. Seriously? OK, that conversation between the Lord and I...rats!...He answered that prayer, but I should have added, "and let me take a nap too!". As the little angel lay sleeping, I get out my Bible and pick back up what I have been studying lately (how the impossible with man is possible with God). The particular passage I am reading is about the account of Abraham and Sarah. They are told they will be with child. You know the story, Sarah laughs. Well, I ponder that. After the day I have just spent with the most perfect two year old on earth, I am totally exhausted. My biological clock suddenly comes to a halt. What in the world was I thinking? Really? Another baby? I am too out of practice. This pace is too much. Let's just leave it to the younger ones! I suddenly laugh myself, because I am thinking that Sarah is cracking up because she has spent days with two year olds herself and just can't imagine how she could do it. Haha! Oh, but the impossible with man is possible with God. So, I posted this scripture to my Facebook page:

Gen. 18:13 The Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Shall I indeed bear a child, now that I am old?’ 14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son.”

Man! I wasn't thinking about what a stir it would cause! Everyone thought I was sending out a "message." Well, you know me. I love to cut up and have a good time. So....I decided to play around with it and just let people's minds run wild! And, boy, did they! So, to answer your curious minds, No, I am not pregnant. For now, I will happily be the mom to the three beautiful girls God gave to me. How thankful I am for Abbie-Kate, Chloe-Beth, and Gracie-Caroline. And, I will still have a wonderful time simply being Auntie A to my sweet Eden!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute! eden does adore her Antie A!

Cathy said...

Girl, you didn't have me fooled any! I knew what that one day with Eden would do for ya! LOL!!

Sue Curtis said...

Love your blog..you are truly blessed with your ability to write!! Thanks, Love You

Tracy Marie Jones said...

I LOVED IT!!! It made me Cry and Laugh and also thank the Lord for my 2 Beautiful Children here on earth and my precious Baby He holds with him in Heaven!! I always wanted 3 and 3 is what I carried!! Even though our little gifts grow up fast.. God Blesses us again with Grandchildren and reminds us how precious life is!! Thanks for sharing!!!