I love the lyrics in this song. It's almost as if Toby Mac wrote the song just for me. There have been a lot of rough patches lately. A lot of heartache. But, I am holding on.One of the hardest things to do is to let go of ways we have been hurt or that we have hurt others. I don't know about you, but I find it easier to let go and forgive others who have hurt me but find it most difficult to let go and forgive myself for my own shotcomings. Someone once asked me, "How do you forgive yourself?" and I am sure I gave some great spiritual answer. But, in honesty, I really don't know. Maybe when the people you have wronged forgive you and let their hurts go, that frees you up to forgive yourself? I am going to try that. I am going to to begin letting go so that I can free up others to maybe forgive their own self. It really is a full circle. Isn't it?In the meantime, I will keep holding on. Trusting that tomorrow can and will be better than today. Now, thanks to Toby Mac, I feel like dancing! Good thing....I am on my way to help with a DJ Dance Party at the school. Hopefully my children will be in a forgiving mood....'cause I got the moves!!!
3 comments:
Sometimes it's just as important to hear a person say I forgive you so that you can let it go.
So true! You are awesome!!!
Don't know what you are going through and don't need to know. But, I love that you are open and that you share your heart with us! Love ya!
Post a Comment