13 September 2010

too cool for my girls

Okay. So you thought my first blog back would be serious, didn't you? I'm glad because this is very serious!
There is a major crisis in our home today. My tweezers are missing! I can do without a lot of things but I must have my tweezers. I went back to the exact same spot that I always put them and they are not there. So, I look for my back-up and guess what? Missing! Okay...I go to the spot where I keep my back-up to my back-up. GAH!!! Gone!
You must be wondering, "Why so many?" Let me explain with one word: Girls. Three of them. They take everything. No one warned me that once my girls got older that nothing would belong to me anymore. But the thing I can't understand is that they think I am sooo uncool and sooo out of the times. I don't know what fashion is, according to them. So, why do they want MY stuff? They are little thieves. Where did my jeans go? On the floor in one of the girls' rooms. Anyone see my button up shirt? In their dirty clothes basket. Where is my necklace? On their dresser. Where are my pumps? In their closet. Can't find my mascara? Their bathroom drawer. Even my socks are not safe!
Funny how "uncool" I am that they would want my "uncool" things. I mean, look at the picture of me and my two friends out on a girl's night out. Don't we scream COOL?!
Getting ready to make a trip to the drugstore for new tweezers. Oh, and a lock for my bedroom door.

6 comments:

Joe McKeever said...

I started to write "on a Monday?" and then read it. ha. You're still you, aren't you!!

Tammy Poynter said...

I sneak in my daughters bathroom and steal hers!!! She is OCD so she knows when I've been in there no matter how careful I am!!!

Anna Ward said...

cute picture....I wonder what you all were thinkin' about????

Cathy King said...

Anna, They weren't thinking about nutin, but being cute!

Karen Rankin said...

After reading your blog I was convinced that you were robbed as a child. You should've had a sister to be seasoned to these theiving experiences which are certain to continue for years to come. My older sister would know if anything had bee...n moved in her room so I learned to only touch 3-4 things in one uninvited trip to her room. I had to learn to memorize the exact position it was in before I picked it up also because she would know if I put it back in place backwards, upside, etc. Ah, the art of theivery!!! Don't worry though I don't even like to borrow these days. It just causes less heartache in the end if you own or don't.

angie said...

Anna, you know exactly what we were thinking about! Dead puppies!!!
Cathy, we are cute, huh? :)
Karen, you are right, I was deprived. I only had a brother so I don't like to share. :)