my friends are sick
It is true. I have very sick and disturbed friends. Why? Because they love to torture me. I have never liked scary movies. My friends know this and take full advantage of it. I will get invited to the movies and they will even go as far as to purposefully not tell me what we are going to see, just so they can get a sick joy over seeing me freak out. Yesterday, I got a text from my friend, my very best friend, to go to the movies. I knew immediately that there was a very scary movie out that she was dying to see. So, I reluctantly texted her back asking her what she had in mind. Yep. The movie that I nearly peed in my pants just watching the trailer. Ugh!!! I told her fine (after going back and forth on the subject) but she just better be prepared to be embarrassed and she can't act like she doesn't know me in the theater. I wasn't kidding about the "acting like you don't know me". The last movie she tricked me in to seeing, I spent most of the time mindlessly eating popcorn and peaking through my fingers... well, when my fingers were not in my ears! I would even hum loudly just so I couldn't hear that stupid music that "sets you up". She agreed. I agreed. Then she gets on the phone to see if anyone else wanted to go to the show. By show, I mean me. They get their money's worth. They get to see two freak shows for one. Once my "friends" find out who is going (me) and what we are going to see, they giggle and laugh and giddily jump at the chance to go. Sick. Sick. Sick.I didn't disappoint them. The first jump and scream from me and they can barely quit laughing....ten minutes AFTER it happened. Sick. Then, the icing on the cake for these sicko's was that during the movie a demon calls out one of the main character's name..."Angie". I turn to my friend with panic and ask, "Did he just say, Angie????" In return I get a happy "Yes!" and hysterical laughing. Did I mention they were sick??I come home and have to spend the next two hours unwinding my mind with trivial, meaningless stuff. I even have to take some Tylenol for the intense stiffness of my neck. I try to facebook and guess what?? They have already invaded my page. Sick.Well, I am here to say that I am secure in myself and am not afraid to happily admit that I am a true chicken. Not a chicken with all things. I am adventurous and will try just about anything that pushes me outside my fear zone. I am a tough girl. BUT, I don't like scary movies! Why? Because they are scary, people!!! So to all my sick friends...
And PROUD OF IT!
19 comments:
I just read it. That is hilarious. Sorry, but it is kind of funny talking about them going to see "two freaks for the price of one." Comical. Love reading your blogs, keep up the good work!!
I absolutely love this and I love you! You didn't do that way back in the day when we went to see Bram Stokers Dracula. Or maybe you did and I just didn't notice because I had my hand clasped over my mouth the entire movie myself!
They are still enjoying the "show" and sharing it.
Phillip,
Have those sicko's been talking about me today?!?!
Michael, Thanks for the sweet compliment! And glad you get a good laugh at my expense. Turkey.
Jennifer, Trust me, you weren't looking!!! GAH!!! Ridiculous. Love you too, sweet girl!!
Get away from that...
Yes......
Stephanie- haha! I hear ya!
Phillip- Unhuh...and just WHAT were they saying? They have already tried to figure out how to put a frog under my pillow. Do they have you up to no good as well??? Just remember...I know where you live.
I hope you all aren't falling for her "innocence" act! She, usually, more than deserves anything she gets and there are not many ways that we have to fight back with her, but, this is one of them! Funny thing is, one scary movie, we went to see, she has her fingers in her ears humming through most of it and eyes closed, but, she will still scream if anybody else does and she would ask me what was happening!!
So what movie was it? i want to see "the roomate" when it comes out, yall game?? =)so what movie was it? i want to see "the roomate" when it comes out, yall game?? =)
Stephanie, It was, "The Rite," and it supposedly, is a true story, so, that kinda made it even worse. I definitely want to see "The Roomate," and I just know that my "Best Friend," will be willing to go with us! :)
so was "the rite" any good?
Yes, it was good!
Ok, first of all, Phillip and Stephanie...you are NOT allowed to agree with Cathy!!
Secondly, I am very sweet and innocent (she says as she flutters her eyelashes).
Thirdly, in my defense, that movie you are referring to was an intense scary... movie!! I may have looked a little strange with my fingers in my ears while humming. And, I may have been slightly strange screaming just because the people next to me screamed (I mean, if YOU are jumping and screaming, then I know it must be bad...so YOU scared me!). And just because I couldn't hear or see what was happening...I still wanted to know. The only way was for you to give my a play by play!
And lastly, I might go see that Roomate movie if you let me have some kind of *happy something* first!!
You all keep it up and I am going to be jumping at every little thing around me!!!
HAAhaha! you crack me up Ang!
tell us again of the scary movie and i believe it was a tredmill incident...
Leah Cherven!!! You are terrible! LOL! THAT was an entirely different incident!! That one almost put me in the hospital!!!! Again, the fact that you all get such great pleasure and laughter out of my fear is just another indication that you all are just what I said... sick!!!
Besides...aren't you afraid of possessed goats????
hahahaha...touché....blahhhhh
Post a Comment