21 January 2011
blech. more snow.
Growing up with an abundance of snow has it's downfall. You get tired of it. I can remember walking to school in seemingly blizzard conditions. (No, not barefoot and two miles up hill ...haha!) We would bundle up, boot up, and suck it up. Out the door we would go, hoping that we could at least see over the snowbanks for oncoming traffic. School went on as usual. No snow days. Heck, we even had recess in winter...in the snow! I even remember waking up one Easter with the option of hiding eggs in the house or hiding them outside in four feet of snow. I have had my share of snow and I am so over it. Now, so that you don't think I am prejudiced against snow, I will say that I do like some snow at Christmas. I also don't mind the occasional big snow. It does afford at least one opportunity for some snow fun. I am able to let my inner kid run free. I have to remind myself that my girls have not grown up with snow and they find is amazing and wonderful. So, for their benefit, I will bundle up, boot up, and suck it up.
And after it is all done, we are all warm, I anxiously await for the snow to melt! The snow came, we played...now go away. As I type this, I am looking out the window at a blanket of fresh snow. Sigh. And, once again, the girls are out of school because of it. I am glad to have them home but I wish it were because it was summer break!As I decide what to do with this stupid snow today....yes, I said stupid...I will remember that this time next month I will be at the beach. Then, the next month after that, I will once again be at the beach. I also have a Grand Canyon trip coming up this spring. So, go ahead snow...give me what you got, you can only last so long!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
My kids love it but its only 5 degrees! LOL
Are you still in Nashville? I think you have gotten more snow in Nashville this year than my sister did the whole time she lived there.
Mike- My kids love it, too. I am the problem! :)
Melissa- You all have had an unusual winter as well!
My Brother lives in Murfressboro. I know my sis in law who grew up in San Diego hates the weather down there right now too. LOL
Are you joking?! We used to get more snow than this when I was a kid in these parts. I can remember the snow drifts as high as my daddy is tall and he's 6' 6". I always wanted a sled but my mom gave April & I paper sacks to ride on, which do not work. Now I want to take Seth out to play & he is sick with fever. But never fear, Angie, in TN... if you stick around the weather is bound to change!!! : )
I think it is BEAUTIFUL!!
We've had over 2.5 feet of snow in the past 6 weeks
I have a friend that lives just above birmingham and they were snowed in several days last week and she has 7 kids. :)
Melissa- GAH! She must be a SAINT. (Has anyone checked on the kids? haha)
Cathy- yeah, yeah. Whatev. I will send mine to your house to play! :) And, I do agree that it is pretty. But that is all. I am tired of it.
Michelle- You poor soul! 2.5... feet=yuck! But, hey, since we went to school together, you know what I am talking about! I remember one year during basketball, it was the championship game at Switz City- we were playing Linton, and the game was still on. I was scared to death on the way to the game because the snow was so heavy you could barely see in front of you. This day and time we would shut down the whole city. haha!
Angie,
What's not to like? Look at that smile on your face and Gracie's face! You two are both adorable!
Beach does sound nice though. I would take that over the snow if given a choice. Just you going? Family going?
Love you!
Mary
Mary,
You are sweet! You always make a girl feel good.
The girls will be staying with their dad. (actually for all three trips)
When are we going to get together???
Love you too!
I like it. It's pretty. Think how much more you'll appreciate summer now. love ya.
I am working on 'liking' the snow. This is good practice for me. We are working on a change of scenery and it will be in an area the receives many more FEET of snow that what we are use to in Southern Indiana!! Everyday and every storm that rolls through I just keep saying how pretty it is. I know is I say it enough I will believe it!! LOL
Beth- Yes, it is pretty. And, yes, I will appreciate summer so much more!! Love you, too, sweet girl!
Tammy- Further north? Are you insane?? That would be torture for me. I want to be in swimwear weather year round!! :)
What beaches are you hitting?
Karen
Karen- Carolina coast and Florida west coast. :)
Post a Comment