20 December 2010

changes

Change happens. No one really likes it. The older we get the harder it is because we get "set in our ways".

I recently read an article about women and things we should change as we age.In this article it exclaimed women over 40 should wear short hair unless you are in the "league of models". Hmph. I may not be in the "league of models", however, I am NOT in the 40 category. So there! I intend to keep my hair long. That won't change. Besides, models are too skinny and seem so very unhappy.
It also talked about women over 40 changing their leisure habits. Spending more time nesting. Enjoying quiet time at home. WHAT?! I will not change the things that make me happy. Like traveling. The beach. Why would I want to spend my youthful, energetic self laying around? That would only make me lazy. Now, if we are talking about laying around at the beach...that is totally different! That won't change.What will change? A lot. Not because of age but because of circumstances. So many changes have taken place in my life and it is only the beginning. There are many more in the near future. Because of all the changes, I will probably need to make my blog more private. Sometime in the beginning of 2011, I might change my blog to subscription only. If you subscribe through Facebook, nothing will change for you. If you only read from my site, you will have to subscribe (relax mom, this will not be difficult to do!). It won't happen right away, but change is coming.

Another change to happen immediately; no more picking up old people magazines! Ewww!

7 comments:

Tammy S. said...

You don't look anywhere near 40! And 40 isn't old!

Brad Shockley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You better be sure to let me know!!!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Just thinking to myself about that very thing. I am 40 and maybe I need to chunk the skinny jeans and boots and cut my hair. I do need to make tons of changes, but I just got to wear skinny jeans! I think I'll be a young old 40!

angie shockley said...

Hahaha! Talise, I am glad you told me who you were...I would have been wondering who was 40 and couldn't live without their skinny jeans! And, no, you cannot cut your hair..you are smokin' hot with your long, dark hair and your tanned skin....you kinda remind me of someone else. ;)

Anonymous said...

What are old people magazines? -mom

angie shockley said...

I don't know the name of the magazine. Maybe one called "More"? I had never heard of it before. I was at Barnes and Noble and picked up this particular magazine for a different article. :)