29 December 2010

guest blogger and her skinny jeans

To the left is my guest blogger and my best friend...and partner in crime...Cathy King. She sent me this email and I couldn't resist sharing it with you. Enjoy!
Hi,

I wanted to share with you an experience I had the other day. One of my children, and I won't mention any names, had the bright idea that Mama would look sooo cute in a pair of Skinny Jeans. Mind you, these are the things I swore I would never go near when they first came out, not with those stove pipe legs. But, she continued, "if you wore your boots over the top of them, it would look really cute." I thought, well...maybe, I will give it a try.

Let me tell ya, any article of clothing that you have to go up about 5 sizes just to get it over your feet, be warned. My next clue that I should beware; after I got the first pair peeled off, I went to the Women's dept., to try to see if they had any in Women's sizes. Not a pair was to be found! This should have told me something then, but no...I go back to the Junior's dept. and think, ok... I will give it one more try and got a pair even larger!

From now on, anything that I have to work just to get it over my feet and have broke out in a sweat before I get them on and then have to peel them off my calves...and they are turned completely wrong side out when I do get them off...you can KEEP!!!

I told my children, after the third try, Do NOT use my name and Skinny Jeans in the same sentence ever again!! They simply are NOT made for "this" body! Now, feel free to pass this warning on to any of your friends, it might save them a lot of work and sweat!


Happy & Blessed in my Curvy Jeans,
CathyWinking smile

**Thanks, Cathy, for a great laugh today! And, honey, if you can't pull of skinny jeans...none of us need to even try! I love ya!



9 comments:

Kathy Stalcup Marker said...

My daughter has skinny jeans that I can barely fit my arm into to turn them right side out after the dryer!! It is crazy!!

Tracy said...

Wowzers!!! Can I just say you two are both HOTTIES?!?! :)

Kristy Hardy said...

LOL- LOVED it! I agree with Kathy /\ - I cant even get my arm in my daughters to turn them right side out, lol!!!!

angie shockley said...

Thanks, Tracy!! :)

Anonymous said...

I for one will be so glad when the skinny jeans are OUT. They flatter NO ONE. That is my two cents!:)

Love you!!!!
Julie

Tammy P. said...

You BOTH could pull off skinny jeans! The rest of us are jealous!
(Ang, you look stunning in the photo! I swear you still look so young. All of us could easily still recognize you.)

Tammy :)

angie shockley said...

Awww, Tammy, you are too sweet! I can assure you that Cathy and I both work very hard at staying healthy and fit. We both love exercising. Ok, so I admit we do go on chocolate binges from time to time. I didn't say were weren't "normal"! Oh, and about me still looking like I am 18...I will certainly take that! haha!

Traci said...

Ha! Ha! I know exactly how she feels! I did read that wide legged pants are coming back this spring. Let's pray so!

Thinking of you!
Traci
(When are you coming back? I looked for Tina at the early service. I talked to Pastor Dave, he said she would need to see Cindy Willison. Do you remember meeting her in the connection area?Let me know what's up.)

angie shockley said...

Traci,

Good to know about the upcoming trend! I hope so too!

I also talked to Dave awhile back, it was decided that going to the main campus would be best. I will send you a personal email. I don't really want to share her business on here. :)