This is one of my favorite Christmas songs. It is on my Michael Buble Christmas CD and I can't get enough of it with his smooth, silky voice. I could drive and drive and drive while listening to his Christmas CD, "Let it Snow". I couldn't find his version of it, so you will have to settle for some Kelly Clarkson.I can remember, as a little girl, making my wish list for Christmas. Stuff. That is what I wanted. Baby dolls, barbies, music, clothes and purses. However, the one thing I always wanted that I never got was an Easy Bake Oven (sorry mom, I am telling!). I couldn't wait until I could buy one for my first girl, Abbie. I proudly went and bought one and then bought every baking mix to go with it AND all of the accessories to match. We baked for days! What? I can't help it she was only 11 months old and had to look back at pictures to remember it!As a young wife and mother, the list changed. I wanted things like pictures, pillows, furniture, vacuum cleaners (those of you who know me are not surprised by that at all!), books of maps (ok, stop laughing....at least they were biblical maps!), Disney World trips, oh! AND....drum roll please...bags! I know, you are shocked!I have noticed that as my girls got older, and I a *little* older, the list began to drastically change. The list might still contain one or two things but it doesn't matter any more if I honestly have a single gift under the tree. The things I now want are things that money can not buy. Philippians 2:4, "Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others." My list grows every year. But let me give you a short version.
Angie's Christmas List:1.) Peace and joy for my family.2.) Abundant spiritual blessings for my friends.3.) Salvation for those on my prayer list.4.) Physical healing for those in need.5.) Love and forgiveness from those I have hurt.6.) A revival, like no country has ever seen, for Haiti.7.) A reward of comfort, peace and love to our military.8.) Love! Love! Love!
Now, so that you don't think I am all sappy and totally unselfish....you could STILL add:
1.) An all expense paid mission trip to Haiti.2.) Maps (historicmapsrestored.com).3.) Bags (TJ Max is a great place to pick one up for me).4.) Disney World trip (7 day hopper passes, please).5.) Cruise (preferably to the southeastern Caribbean islands).
What? I decided to keep it short and to give a little detail in case Santa needs help. ;)
So, what about you? Seriously, what is on your list? Ok, and what about the not so serious. C'mon, tell me what you want!
1.) An all expense paid mission trip to Haiti.2.) Maps (historicmapsrestored.com).3.) Bags (TJ Max is a great place to pick one up for me).4.) Disney World trip (7 day hopper passes, please).5.) Cruise (preferably to the southeastern Caribbean islands).
What? I decided to keep it short and to give a little detail in case Santa needs help. ;)
So, what about you? Seriously, what is on your list? Ok, and what about the not so serious. C'mon, tell me what you want!
5 comments:
I love reading every one of your blogs. Always from the heart. I love that about you!
You and your vacuuming and maps and bags! Always funny.
I know what you mean. Life is too short to worry over "stuff". I love that song as well.
Sarah
*By the way- you are so stinking pretty! I love your hair in the facebook picture. I always look through your pictures. Yeah. I'm a stalker. :)
Thanks! You two make a girl feel good!!
You and your maps, such a nerd! But a cute nerd! I feel the same way about wanting stuff money can't buy. I need to post your list on my fridge as a reminder. Although, I can't imagine who in the world you could hurt and who you would need forgiveness from. You are the sweetest, kindest, giving, God-loving woman I know!!!!! :)
Tracy,
Your compliment is so sweet.
I always try to be the person you describe, however, I am an imperfect person living in an imperfect world...therefore I make mistakes too. Everyone is capable of that.
Love you!
Post a Comment