07 May 2009

amy domidion

Agh... refreshed. That is what I think of when I think of this past weekend. I have to admit, I was having some doubts about going. I wasn't sure about leaving a nursing baby, three other kids, and a husband who needed to work. But he convinced me to go and that everyone would be fine. As I lay in bed the night before crying out of fear that something would happen, I gave to God all my fears and asked Him to speak to me while I was there. And ... He did!
The speaker actually used an example just like that in her talk. She said, "How many of you all lay awake at night and think of things that could go wrong?" Could she read my mind? No, but God can. He was speaking to me. I am so glad that he can take the same message and divide it 9000 different ways. And if I heard that sermon again in another season of my life, I would hear something else in it.
I was so encouraged by the worship. It reminded me of being a youth group member. When I would come back from youth trips and want to worship at church the way that I worshipped while I was gone. It was hard to come back after that. It is like you expect it to be the same. And for a while it is, but then you fall back into the same habits. I am not sure that will happen this time. Dixie said it best when she said, "Don't you just want to reach up and grab Him?" That is what I needed to hear. That is what I am going to do in worship now. Just try to reach up and grab Him.
The time spent with Christian friends was so great. The laughter, the pranks, the shopping (very quick shopping) and the eating! So much eating! But there were some things that stood out in my mind. God can take people that you don't think you have anything in common with and place them directly in your path so that you have to find that common ground. And there is more in common than you know. God is the great relationship mender. He is the common ground. He is the solid ground.
I am thankful for the weekend. I am thankful for my secret sister and the other sisters that I found how much I love! August... here I come.

1 comment:

angie shockley said...

Great post, Amy. I loved having the opportunity to get to learn your heart. Your worship is contagious, so don't let anything shut it down.

Much love to you!