This post is in honor of my brother in the Lord, Steve Perry. However, we all know him simply as "Stump". One time he told me that I was the sister he never wanted but got anyway. We scrap just like real siblings, but most of the time it could be spared if he would just do what I say. After all, I am always right.Proverbs 14:12, "There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death."
Last night, we put that big brother, little sister theory to the test. Stump and his precious, sweet, patient wife, Deborah, took me out for my annual birthday steak dinner. We picked up Stump and his precious, sweet, patient wife, Deborah and let Brad and Stump sit up front so they could navigate (are you already sensing a mistake?). They decided to use "Maggie" (what Brad calls the GPS, which is weird to me) to guide them to the steakhouse.
As we were driving down the interstate, Deborah and I told them the exit was coming up. Do you think they took the exit? No, because they know where they are going. Mistake number two- never question my map skills. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have an incredible sense of direction and am a huge map nerd (Brad calls me Mrs. Randy McNally).
After what seemed like hours later (ok, maybe just 30 minutes later), the men decided we must have missed our exit (you think?). You see, we told Stump when to get off, but instead he wanted to argue that his way was right. After swallowing a little pride, he admitted the exit mistake but then declared we still had to go around some by-pass (by-pass? there is no by-pass). Deborah and I told them the place was about two miles off the exit on the left (where it has always been). But oh, "No" says Stump, we still have to go by the by-pass and then it's several miles down the road. Then he had an insane moment of wanting to make a bet with me! Has he not already learned enough? Does he want to lose his pride and his money? I declined the bet so as not to hurt his spirit too much when he realizes how WRONG he is. After all of this bickering, guess what? Deborah and I were absolutely right. Gee, we must have been going so fast we didn't' even see that "by-pass"....
Me and Stump, bound together by the blood of Christ as brother and sister. I still love him. I know he would lay down his life for me, my husband or my girls. He's the one that said no one would ever mess with his pastor without having to mess with him first. Gotta love him.
5 comments:
WELL I DON'T SEE ANYONE JUMPING UP TO WHIP ON ME BUT YOU! i need some support from all , you know i'm used up and ready to be cast into the SEA. if everyone had to put up with you sis of always being wright i don't think they would have a mine we all got there i payed for supper and was very proud to do that: i hope i'm wright sometime in the future and you are around to see cause i know you want believe it see ya. oh when i say something real important you never hear that but last night you didn't miss a word like a (recording) uh!
Hey Stump and Brad,
You two could learn a lesson from one of Kenny Roger's old songs that says "You gotta know when to hold them and know when to fold them"! You guys should admit you were wrong,beg forgiveness and just move on! Sorry you guys couldn't have come out looking better in this thing.
All I can say is, if you had asked me and Greg along none of this would have happened! ha ha Greg is captain mapquest!!! And we LOVE steak. Oh well, maybe next time. Happy Belated Birthday sis. Angie!!!
Love ya, Tammy
Tammy-
You are so funny!
Greg should just consider himself blessed he wasn't in on this mess. If Greg had been in on it, I would have had to write two blogs! You know how I love to give your hubby a hard time!
However, it's still not too late for steaks...I believe your house is next??????
love you too!
All I know is the Bible says, "Thou shalt not touch God's anointed."
Stump and I will pray for Angie and Deborah to receive mercy for their error.
Amen
Post a Comment