Yesterday I celebrated my birthday. It was a good day, spent with some new friends of ours, who made my day very special. You know, I have fibbed about my age so much that I have to do the math to see exactly how old I am! Do you ever look at others your age and think, "Man, they look so much older than me"? I mean, I am thinking I look at least 25? Ok, stop laughing. How about, I feel at least 25....um...well, on the inside anyway! I seem to be stealing a few extra glances in the mirror, too. Just like the other morning. I mean, out of no where this age spot shows up on my face, totally uninvited! And do I remember that wrinkle being so prominant? Guys have it so much easier, don't you girls think so? We spend so much time trying to "turn back the clocks"! And way too much money on beauty products!
All this has me thinking. There is one age that I don't mind one bit. A birthday that comes every year with anticipation and excitement. I actually brag about that age! I relish in the "age spots". Spending money on all the beauty products that enhance this age is a pleasure. I want to look old on the outside and feel old on the inside! This birthday rolls around every March 9th. This birthday is my spiritual birthday. I care so much more about this age than any other! Sometimes when I look around, it makes my heart so sad to see many Christians who haven't aged one bit. The still look fresh out of diapers. We should have such a deep desire to want to grow in the Lord when we realize what He has done for us! His great love for us should compell us to spend time with Him, learning from Him by prayer and His word!
Let's not waste any more time in these last days. Hebrews 6:1(a) says, "Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity". So, between now and your next birthday, let's try our best to look really, really old!
Now, I am going to go eat some more of that cake...you know, the one I got for my 32nd birthday..........
All this has me thinking. There is one age that I don't mind one bit. A birthday that comes every year with anticipation and excitement. I actually brag about that age! I relish in the "age spots". Spending money on all the beauty products that enhance this age is a pleasure. I want to look old on the outside and feel old on the inside! This birthday rolls around every March 9th. This birthday is my spiritual birthday. I care so much more about this age than any other! Sometimes when I look around, it makes my heart so sad to see many Christians who haven't aged one bit. The still look fresh out of diapers. We should have such a deep desire to want to grow in the Lord when we realize what He has done for us! His great love for us should compell us to spend time with Him, learning from Him by prayer and His word!
Let's not waste any more time in these last days. Hebrews 6:1(a) says, "Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity". So, between now and your next birthday, let's try our best to look really, really old!
Now, I am going to go eat some more of that cake...you know, the one I got for my 32nd birthday..........
4 comments:
32? For those who would like to know Angie's real age, ;please email me.
you know God looks at the inside not outside.I try every jan. to see where i'm at in my life for Christ. I look to see if I'm closer to Him ,in His will,keeping my life in line with his life. If I'm not right, that's the beginning of the year so I get started. I think you are getting older and the inside is getting a SS check.I'hope the checks don't run out for me
. lov yal stump Gal 6:9
Still thinking.............
I quit having birhdays soooooooooo long ago it's hard to comment on it.Some of us do seem to get our numbers mixed up after awhile,you think?After my third chin began to develope I just gave up and told my grandaughters that all the best nannies are fat!! They may as well be old too!!!!No matter what age or size my lap may be it will always be the perfect size to hold all my love for my darlings!!!! They don't look at our faces, all they see is our hearts!
32? I seem to recall that hot hot summer day. It was August 16th,19??.A 9pound1ounce 18inch beautiful girl, with lots of black hair was born in Ironton,Ohio.So sweetie if you want to be 32, you go girl!Makes me younger too.
love ya!
Post a Comment