Why can't every Walmart have a standard restroom policy....Women on the right and Men on the left? I think they secretly planned to swap them around from county to county to confuse people. I bet their security gets a daily laugh out of watching what goes on in front of the restrooms. Sick people.
The other day I was in the Wally restroom...(ok, my former post also surrounded a restroom...I am seeing a weird connection between me and restrooms)...anyway, I come out of the stall and a man is standing there looking at me like I am an alien who is going to abduct him for his organs. I have a moment in my mind scanning prior images while talking to myself, "Did I happen to look at the sign? Did it say Women? Oh, God, please let me be in the Women's restroom?" The man apologizes to me, turns around and scurries out of the restroom. Well, that settles that. Crazy man, geesh, can't he read the sign outside the door?
Breathing a sigh of relief, I go to the sink to wash my hands (which should have given me a clue that I was in the right place because no man was washing his hands...but that is another blog, another day). While looking in the mirror and putting on lip gloss, in walks ANOTHER man. You have got to be kidding me! At this point, I am clearly thinking it is ME in the wrong place (but where are those creepy looking urinals?). We both freeze and look at one another. He breaks out in a sweat and nearly faints, I assure him it's ok and apologize that I must have come into the wrong restroom since he is the second man I have seen. He leaves, saying he will just wait. Dang, fella, I don't have cooties. I'm the one who should be embarrassed.
I leave the restroom and on the way out, I notice the sign. Women's. Wellll....I was in the right place after all! Which should have been my second clue that I was in the right place and the men were not. Women always know where they are going. Women don't need to stop and ask for directions along the way.
11 comments:
Ok you had me rolling on this one! I started in the wrong restroom at a different Wal-mart one day and a man came around the corner and said hold up. I turned red and said ooops this one is opposite mine. I liked the buggy at the door in the picture because that is what I always do, go in, grab and buggy, run to the restroom and leave my buggy at the door.
Dern girl!!!! Flippin hilarious!! I did that once, walked into a men's restroom and they all turned around and looked at me all while stopping midstream. None of them had the urge to go anymore after they realized I had seen it all!! Guess the pressure got to them LOL!! Oh, and I totally get the washing hands thing. GROSS. Why is it that men think they don't need to wash their hands??????? GAG!!!
Oh my! That is funny! And you are right, men can barely find their way around WalMart, why should we think they can find the right restroom? Ha!
And, like Melissa mentioned, a cart outside the entry should also be another clue that it is a women's restroom and not a man's. They would never get the cart first. Another flaw of man, they don't think ahead like we girls do! Ha!
Michelle
Yes. You are so right about Wally World changing sides of the men/women restrooms. When visiting family, I went with my sister-in-law to Walmart in Springfield, MO. and used the restroom. Went in and did my business, no problem, but came out and there were urinals. Didn't faze me. But when I washed my hands and left a man was walking in and that's when it dawned on me. I used the men's room. Yuck! And they don't wash their hands, so ladies the next time you pump your own gas just don't go inside and grab a snack to eat before you wash your hands again. Just sayin'.
Angie, One time I was in the stall and I heard men's voices. I panicked because I realized I was in the men's room. I stayed in there and waited for them to get done talking, yes, they were having a landscaping conversation which I didn't think would ever end! So I keep waiting for them to leave but they were deep in the conversation, so I just came on out and acted completely normal. They both stopped talking and stared at me. I washed my hands (yes, I did!!) and went on out while they were snickering at me. When I got out I saw that it was THEM in the wrong bathroom. So I went back in and said "Na-na-na...You both are in the girls room." They came out and we all cracked up laughing. Come to find out, one of them lived only a few houses down from me! No isn't that weird?!?!
-Mary Albright
I am seriously looking forward to a -men not washing their hands- kind of post!
Honestly, one of the reasons I like to stop by and read your blog is because you have a good balance of real life, whether it be funny, serious, musical, or spiritual. It's just refreshing. You are an incredible individual. Those in your circle are special to have the opportunity to be around you!
Ladies,
I am loving your stories! Funny!
Mary, you really made me laugh! I would have loved to have seen that. And it's a good thing the man wasn't doing his business, that could have been kind of awkward the next time you both went to the mailbox. haha!
Dear Anonymous,
Thank you! Such kind words! I wish that you would let me know who you are. Maybe send me an email? I certainly would love your encouraging character to be a part of that circle!
Much love!
alright I WASH MY HANDS!
Yes, I also started into a mans restroom, had my hand on the door when a guy comes up & says I don't think you want to go in there. I reply why not, you cleaning it. He said no lady , check the sign. Well, Walmart did it again! They switched the sides! I just sighed a sigh of relief & went to ladies hoping no male genders were in there.
Ang, These stories are hilarious. I would absolutly freak out if a man came in the restroom I was in.
I wish I had a comment for my men NOT washing their hands, but it's just the opposite. Tal is so OCD when it comes to his hands that he won't even open a public door or push a walmart cart. Even when we go eat after he touches the menu he jumps straight up to go wash his hands. With that said it's rubbed off on my whole family. Kyndall washes her hands constantly and will not use sanitizer when it's time to eat because she is afraid she will taste it. Cindy
Post a Comment