This weakness that is creeping in is forgetfulness. Forgetting all the glorious things that Christ has done for me in the past. It is so easy to get caught up in the present with worry and fear. However, if we simply look back at His faithfulness in the past, it makes some of the stuff we fret over seem like a waste of time. He showed his trustworthiness in the past so how silly to think He will stop now.
My life verse is Philippians 13 & 14, "Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to that what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus". The "forgetting what lies behind" is not the wondrous things Christ has done for us, but all the messy stuff that is in our past caused by us. I want to learn from those mistakes and move forward. But the things in the past the Lord has done, I want to remember those! He has always been faithful. Always with me.
A week ago, a storm came through and the picture above was taken right after. I wish you could have seen it in person. It was a complete bow. I have never seen one like it before. It looked like you could walk right into it. The girls and I stood in awe. Gracie piped up and reminded us that God is the one who started those (isn't that so cute?). Then she said, "Wonder how great that first one must have been?!" I bet she is right. I bet God gave Noah and his crew the most magnificent rainbow ever to be seen! I can't wait to ask them about it one day. Ah, just another great reminder of what He has done in the past.
What about you? When is the last time you took inventory of His faithfulness to you? Let's remember what a mighty God we have and then press on toward what lies ahead!
2 comments:
Angie, I always appreciate how you let everyone peek inside your sweet heart. I am thankful for God's faithfulness in giving me a gal like you.
Brad
We all are guilty of that. The problem is not all of us recognize it. Good Post Angie!!!
Post a Comment