I knew this day would come. I just didn't know how hard it would be. Last Sunday night, Brad had to tell our church family that we would be moving on to another ministry field. Since then, I've been thinking back over the past 7 1/2 years. So many memories come to mind. Some I had forgotten about until now. I thought I would share a few. I won't go into detail on each one. You will know if one applies to you!
I remember...
- Meeting with the Pastor Search Team. Sharing with Cathy our year long struggle to have a third child. Not knowing that I was actually two months with child!
- The kindness of the church body. I don't think I had to cook the entire first month.
- The birth of Gracie. How traumatic it was. Amazing how some of our sweet church family sensed that morning an urgency to pray for her birth. I truly feel that God answered your faithful prayers with our little girl.
- The first men's conference. Remember the service that night? That was bigger than all of us, so we knew it was God!
- Christmas. You all spoiled us so much. Phillip, I will never forget that Christmas you brought basket after basket of food! If I remember right, you even brought the ham!
- Women's Trips. We had some good ones. Birmingham, Lexington, Nashville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg. I know I am forgetting more. Then there were our Camp Linden Get-A-Ways. Those were all wonderful. The Lord brought salvation through those and renewed hearts. Then there were those of you who were a teeny-tiny bit mischievous! Oh, and please don't let me forget the canoe trip we took while there!! You know you all wanted to be in my canoe so you could experience my "expertise". I am laughing as I type this!
- Our 40 Days of Purpose Campaign. We all experienced the Lord like never before. Remember that big final event at the High School gym?
- Easter. That first one we had in the High School gym. We expected the Lord to show up and boy did He!
- Our 5 year church anniversary surprise party. You all blessed us with such an amazing gift. I know you all were like giddy little kids waiting to give that to us. I believe that is the only time I have seen Brad speechless!
- Ridgecrest. Remember THE year? The one that had mishap after mishap? Believe me, I double check for keys all the time now!
- One particular family who used their spiritual gift of giving to bless us time and time again. You amaze me at your generosity. It always came at just the right moment.
- Haiti. How my life has changed since that trip (and not just from the airplane strip or the bus ride through town!). Haiti will forever be on my heart.
- Youth retreats. Remember when Kelsey Vincent put the wig on and pretended to be me after the HS retreat? Coldstream Camp for the Middle School was also great. Rebecca and her giant that looked more like Jason from that scary movie (which I do not watch-you all know how easily scared I get!).
Gosh, there are so many! I am sure more will come to mind in the days ahead. I may have to write part two.
How about you guys? Do you have any special memories of our time here?
Oh, how I love you all so much. James 1:17 says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above". You all have been a very good gift to me from God!
8 comments:
Immediate thoughts....
** And I remember that first meeting at the Catfish House, too.
** The first Easter we rented the tent and sang what Pastor Brad said has become our CHBC praise song - Shout to the Lord.
** Chocolate footballs.
** Watching the girls grow up!
Yes, I remember the first meeting at the Catfish House. How many questions did I ask you? :)
And how in the world could I forget chocolate footballs?!?!
By the way, I was so proud of Maria tonight. She blesses my heart!
love you!
i remember brad's mom called me the first night yall were here.she said i am looking for someone called stump,i think.they told me to call you if i needed anything, she said i'm worried about brad i can't get him. so i came to the house i,m not sure but i think you were getting ready for bed. great times!
I remember when we formed the ladies class & our 1st class Charlotte called me on the phone & we could hear her voice calling Ma! Ma! like a voice from Heaven.
So funny! Gonna miss you girl!
I go back to our first women's 'in-house' retreat in Gatlinburg, where we literally poured out our hearts. As we all began to share our past hurts, there wasn't a dry eye in the room.
Many hearts were broken, cleansed & restored that weekend. I was reminded that people cannot bring joy, only GOD, He is my JOY! (Ps. 51)
"They ate and drank with great joy in the presence of the LORD that day." 1CH 29:22.
You taught us about how special we were because we truly are ‘princesses of our Heavenly King.” Your love & friendship has given me great joy and encouragement which has refreshed my heart many times.
I have many memories, thank you! I will miss you!
May God continue to bless you as He works in & through you!
Love you my sister, Mary Lou
Thank you for your listening ear and the wisdom you passed to me so many times. I knew I could always call on you.
MaryLou,
I remember that retreat well. You are so right, God began a great work in the lives of the women by first restoring the hearts of the ladies. Haven't our women come so far? Amazing.
One thing you forgot. The chocolate cigars! :)
I love you!
Not forgotten, just quietly posted them on the photo cd 10/12! Love ya, Mary Lou
Post a Comment