06 October 2008

home, sweet, home

Deuteronomy 11: 18-20, "You shall therefore impress these words of mine on your heart and on your soul; and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall teach them to your sons, talking of them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.."

This is our new home. The one where we will continue to grow together as a family and grow in the Lord.

My friends, MaryLou and Roxanne, cracked up when I told them the address is Royalty Drive. I don't see the humor in it. I mean, what could be a more appropriate address for me???

The most wonderful part of the house is knowing that this is the one house that God set aside for us. I knew instantly that is was the home He picked out for us. I am so amazed at the goodness of God. Especially in the way He answered prayer after prayer concerning this home. And to top it all off, the Lord gave me a sweet friend in the process! The precious lady who owns the home (Joanne- white jeans in photo) has become a friend that I will always want to keep in touch with.

We will be closing on the house on October 15th. Please be in prayer for us and all the many, many details that come with a move. Also, lift up a prayer for my friend, Joanne, during her move.

Any tips or advice to give away concerning a move?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie,I love your home. It reminds me of mine growing up. The best advice I can think to give you is to remember that with change look for all the new opportunities God is going to give you to share Him with others. You have already begun to do that with your new friend. I can't give you a special memory to take with you from me because there are too many. I do remember the retreat where you touched the lives of those teenage girls while you shared with them in the boat house. I also love to hear the wisdom, love, confidence, faith, humbleness, strength, compassion, joy,commitment, and gentleness in your prayers. The best advice you have ever given that I have passed along to so many others is when you shared with Linda about praying in God's will, "If we bathe it in prayer, then whatever the outcome, we will know it is God's will". That was when her boss was not letting her off to go on the mission trip, then her friend fell ill and lost her job who worked with her, then Tippy had his heart attack, and then, God opened the door and Linda went to Las Vegas! WOW!
I could say more, but you know my heart for you and Pastor Brad. I know God has a new shepherd on his way to our field to lead us to more green pasture. I would like to thank you both for all you have done, all you do and all that you will do for our church for you are always a part of us now. I personally thank you for all of the same for me and my family. I have to remember the advice I passed to you for myself and our church, "with change, there will always be opportunity to grow; we must stay focused and faithful".

In His Grip!
Bonnie, in Christian love for ever and ever!

angie shockley said...

Bonnie,
I will miss you so much, my dear sweet sister! You have been a wonderful co-laborer. I would work beside you for the Kingdom anyday.

much love to you!

Anonymous said...

I love your house, it's so pretty! I'm really happy for you guys. You all are going to be missed so much! I love you!