calling all fitness junkies
Recently went to Florida for Spring Break with the girls. Had an absolutely wonderful time. The location was gorgeous and the weather was more perfect than we could have dreamed. But, do you know what it takes to get a girl ready for swimwear season? In March? Whew! Talk about hitting the gym hard. Thankfully all that hard work paid off and once again ready for swimsuit season. Well, as ready as one can really be. Women will always find our own flaws and wish there were things they could improve...One thing I did notice. Trying to lift my teeny-tiny-skinny-a-rail child, I got her lifted up but only for a brief second. The aftermath left us both eating sand! I have got to get some upper body strength. I have tried and tried to build upper body strength but something just isn't working. Lower body, better than good. Upper, not so good. Frustrating.
Even on vacation I try to sneak in exercise but it has to be FUN outdoor exercise, no gym. Everyone is thrilled. I mean, look at that excited face on CB. She can barely contain her enthusiasm. I keep telling her that "one day" she will thank me for making exercise a part of her lifestyle. That and all the other things I tell her she will be thankful for!
So, what about all of you fitness junkies out there? What advice would you give? The typical eat right and exercise are already covered. However, are there particular foods or exercises that really work for you? Oh, and any advice you'd like to throw in on how to make your teens grateful...well, nevermind ;)
17 comments:
Are you in Destin right now?
Really??? Seriously??? Girrrrl! If I had your body I could care less about strength!!!!!!
No....we were there a week or so ago. We actually stayed in Santa Rosa. Beautiful place!
Oh, good grief Christy! Exaggerate much? And, strength is important! Who wants to be like the models who are wafer thin and can barely lift their flat irons? Skinny does not equal fit! :)
I's high weight, low-er rep. High protein diet. Not too complicated, just intimidating. So the same moves as body pump, but a good bit more weight, and lower reps. I have a book called "the ...new rules of lifting for women" you're welcome to borrow it, and I'll help you if you want. But to be blunt, it takes dedication. If you put in the time, you'll see what you want to. Which is super fun!
Hey sweet Jenn! Thanks for your input! I'd love to borrow the book. One of the things I am conflicted about in Body Pump class, is just how much weight can I do. I think you are right, I need to probably go up in my weights in there. On a slightly different note, I have cut back a little bit on Dance It Out and Zumba. For a couple of weeks I am going back to the elliptical and treadmill for cardio, just to trick my body. I will probably do it another week and then hit back DIO and Z. I feel like I haven't seen you in for-evah!!!! I need my cute, young buddy! :)
Id love to ellipticate with you!!
I'd be careful to up weight in the class, because it's so many reps. When I do heavy weight I do 4 sets of 10
Ok, so my mom is wanting to "rat me out". I am just going to go ahead and beat her to it!
First of all, I did not ask for help about how to lose weight. I did not ask *how* to eat healthy. I did not ask *how* to exercise. I DID ask for tips in building *upper* body strength. So, there, Mom!
And, the part she is wanting to "rat me out" about is my secret indulgences. Yes, I do eat chocolate and am addicted to it. I LIKE CHOCOLATE!!! And, yes, I do have a little love affair with homemade milkshakes. SO WHAT?! Once again, *MOM*, I am asking about tips for gaining UPPER BODY strength!
Oh, and I love ya! :)
Tips you shall get! But as you admittedly know, it's a strict conjunction that gives results :)
So is today a dance day, or a machine day??!
Hey do you want to come at 3:30 and we'll do the 5 exercises for the first workout??? Youd be fine to go ahead and do pump after, but I'm going to do them, and I thought you might want to as well!
Ahhh, Jenn! There is no one I would enjoy "ellipticating" with more! :)
I have a sick one home today. If I am able to get away, I will probably go to my other gym and get a super quickie in.
BTW, my other gym membership expires this week, so after this, it's ours all the way. Think you can stand me that much? :)
uhm I can take more of you thank you can give hahah!
Hope who ever feels better!! See you when you ....get back... come... not sure the term here LOL
Angie,
Giving your poor Mom a hard time, shame on you! (Although I was cracking up!)
I wish I could eat chocolate and have milkshakes regularly (well, I actually DO have them both regularly..haha) and be your size. Honestly, I am just at a point in my life that I want to eat what I want and be happy in the skin I'm in. And I really am happy being a little on the "fluffy" size!
And your friend, Jenn, sounds like a treasure. Keep those kind close at hand. There are plenty of people that will pretend to be your friend, but only for selfish gain.
Karen
Hey Karen,
Yes, I am giving my mom a hard time, but believe me...she is a firecracker as well!
And...I don't eat like I want to. Don't want you to get the wrong impression. I do splurge way too much but overall I try my best to eat healthy. I have to work hard to stay fit (and I use the term fit loosely!). If you are content with your body- whatever the size- then you are in a league I envy! It takes a strong woman to be able to say that!
Love to you!
ang
you always have been a fitness junkie yourself! We should be asking YOU these questions! :) Hey, you still got your after hours key for the gym here? Been to the gym here lately??? :)))) -Am
Hey...yes...
Post a Comment