10 February 2011

gettin' it off my chest

Gah! Ever just need to say something and get it off your chest??
Rarely do I get mad "publicly"...it really takes a lot. I am just not that kind of person. It takes a lot to even make me mad. However, I do have a "look" that people close to me know. To most it may seem like a "thinking" look...like this:

But today, you might would see me with an outright scowl. Grrr! Gonna get it off my chest. So, here is what is on my mind today:
"Dear Christian-Who-Thinks-They-Are-Perfect: By your very unforgiving and snotty nature, that makes you...guess what? NOT PERFECT!"
That's it. All I gotta say. If you think this is intended for you... then it probably is.

12 comments:

Terri McCullers said...

:(

Cathy King said...

Amen, sister!

angie shockley said...

Just speaking the truth. The truth is that we are all imperfect, we are all sinners in need of a Savior, the same eternal life that is given to one who believes is given to every person who believes. A christian, by the very nature of who t...hey were before they accepted Christ, should not look down on their brothers and sisters (in Christ) and be so judgmental of them. They cannot be snotty and act superior to others. They may "seem" to be perfect in their own eyes and even in the eyes of others, however, if we were to expose their heart for every person to see, I don't think they would be quite so haughty. If you are truly in love with Christ, you would be pouring out that same love to everyone else. It should only make you that much more aware of your own sinful self.

Cathy King said...

Well, who are we, not to forgive and offer the same Grace and Mercy that is offered to us by Christ, everyday?!

angie shockley said...

A reminder from my friend, Terri: “If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.”1 Cor 13:1-3

Joe McKeever said...

I wish you'd pick up the phone and tell me this to my face, Ang, instead of posting it on FB!

angie shockley said...

For those that don't know Joe, don't let him fool you. I am sure he would be the first to stand in line with his hand up hollering, "I ain't perfect!!"....well, minus the "ain't" part...he would probably say "am not". ;)

Marti Gastineau said...

I would say "ain't." I *am* from Greene County, you know. ;-)

stump said...

i know that look , my look comes on faster than my sis. not one is perfect except Jesus

Anonymous said...

I haven't ever seen you mad or seen a mad look , irritated yes but not mad. But I do know about you twisting your hair!
KJ

angie shockley said...

Yes, Stump, you show your "look" quicker than I do! haha! But that's ok. Gotta have somebody who can get mad for me! :)

KJ, Trust me, I CAN get ticked off. I just don't like to show it. And, as for the twisting of hair, I am trying...and have almost succeeded...in stopping that. I don't like that I give away how I am feeling without even talking, so I am trying to quit that. I still stumble when I am tired, though. :)

Stephanie Maddux Brannon said...

that's why it's tattoed on my arm.. so i never forget.. and everyone can see it.... just in case they get confused and think I AM perfect =) HAHA!