15 October 2009

roses and pumpkins

Anyone else having trouble letting go? Do you see something wrong with this picture?
Fall has always been my favorite season but for some reason I am having a difficult time letting go of summer.
Summer has been good this year. Cooler than normal temperatures. Good balance of rain and sunshine. An abundance of beautiful, healthy flowers. New places explored. Deeper friendships developed. Travels made to happy, familiar places. Visits from dear friends and family. Memories made in our new home.
However, fall is being ushered in, whether I want it to or not. The leaves are slowly changing and the weather is turning colder. One sure sign that can always be counted on to let us know that fall is knocking on the door is Brad and I begin our annual arguing over the thermostat. ha!
I am slowly giving in, but as long as my roses are willing to hang in there, I will continue to squeeze out as much summer as possible!

1 comment:

Brad Shockley said...

This was a good post, sweetheart (like them all). You know, I'm a fall man, but this year I'd hang on to summer too if I could.