
I wanted to share with you a thought that the Lord gave to my sweet friend. Ponder on the following from my guest blogger and sister in Christ; Amy Domidion.
Too Wonderful
by Amy Domidion
A friend of mine the other day was telling me about a surprise that she had for her daughter. Someone had given her tickets at a discount price for an upcoming concert of her daughter’s favorite boy band. The mom hadn’t even known they were coming to town. But her daughter did. She got them the first part of the week and the concert wasn’t until that weekend. It was killing her to keep the secret from her daughter. So in the middle of the week, she told her daughter that she had a surprise for her. Her daughter, knowing her mother well, asked if she could guess the secret. Her mom, thinking she would never guess this, agreed. She told her she could have three guesses. Her first guess was small and came and went. Her second guess, a little bigger, but not big enough. For her last guess, she covered her face. Her mother said, “What is wrong? What is your third guess?” Her daughter uncovered her face. Her head was hanging low. She said to her mother, “I am afraid to ask. It is too big. Too wonderful.” Her mother knew that she knew. She told her to go ahead. She waited. The daughter raised her head and said, “Is it about a concert?” Her mother nodded. The girl was, of course, speechless. She couldn’t believe that it could be true. As happy as she was, her mother was happier. It delighted her to see her child full of excitement and hope. She couldn’t wait to share that experience with the one she loved.
I got to thinking about this and I realized that our heavenly Father feels the same way about us. He has so many blessings in store for us. We are just too afraid to ask. We go into our prayers with our heads held low and just say to Him, “We are afraid it's too big.” Nothing is too big. He is waiting for us to ask. He wants to share in our excitement and hope. He delights in us. He wants to share some wonderful experience with us because He loves us. Just ask Him. He already knows the desires of your heart. He just wants you to put your fears aside and rest in His arms. His plans for you are perfect. They are just what your heart always wanted.
“He is able to do much more than we can ever ask for or think of, by His power that works in us.” (Ephesians 3:20)
2 comments:
Wow!! I think we all feel that way sometimes Amy. I know I did about the Haiti trip, but now I can't wait too see what he has instore for me. But still makes me nervous!!
This is so good and soo true! It gave me chills! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment