only a real friend
Do you know how much work it takes just to get ready to leave on a trip? One of the tasks I dread in preparing to leave is the "purging of the vehicle". Unless you have no children or they are grown and your memory has faded, you know exactly what I mean. We have to clean it out so we can load it back up.Poor Heidi. She didn't see it coming. She innocently came over for lunch. Once the dishes were put away, the task at hand was waiting. In fairness to me, I did try to use her being there as an excuse not to do the job that only a trained hazardous cleaning team should do. But, wait, did I hear her right? I thought I heard her say she would help me. I better try to talk her out of it one more time because she did just get back from the dentist office and clearly the laughing gas has not wore off. Nope, she is insisting to help (that is after she runs home and puts on an old t-shirt, a layer of lysol, latex gloves, safety glasses and hair covering).After sweating, laughing and several "oh, gross!" blurbs, we came out. Unharmed. A friend is someone who will blindly put their hand down in a vehicle crevice and pull out an unidentifiable sticky.....something.
3 comments:
I know where you are coming from sister. If it could fit Mine would have most of what is in their room in the car lol.
Have a safe trip you all will be in our prayer's.
God Bless
Hey Heidi....what cha doin' tomorrow????
I've scrubbed a few times for Heidi, Love is love what can we say!
Post a Comment