Ok, ok! I know I am way behind in a new post. However, thank you my sweet sisters for gently reminding me. :) And, no, I haven't forgotten a single one of you in my business. Sillies!I am reminded of my precious Cedar Hill sisters every time I look at my pearls. My ladies Sunday School class gave this pearl necklace to me as a remembrance of our friendship.
I will never forget that night. They treated me like a princess. We had a lovely meal together with so much laughter that the people around probably thought we were under the influence of "something". From there we went to Mary's for dessert (and the dessert was WOW!). Once we knew the time was getting away, they turned all serious on me. Each one of my beloved friends shared with me the influence I had on their lives. It was a very humbling experience. You can imagine the tears that flowed!
Then! The big surprise of the night. Those girls were giggly all night over a box. It was an odd shaped box. Yet I knew it had to be a special gift the way they kept carrying on about "the best is still to come". Mary handed me the gift and when I opened it, my breath was taken away. They presented me with the above pearl necklace. It even has two small diamonds in the clasp. I knew it was of great value when they presented me with the appraisal certificate in case I wanted to get it insured! However, it has more value than that piece of paper can ever approve. I will cherish it always and pass it down to my daughters one day. How fun to not only pass down a valuable treasure but to also pass down the story behind the necklace.
Mary explained that each pearl represented a lady in our class. Every pearl individually unique (and, yes, yours is still front and center Mary!). Individual pearls all bound together by one string to make one beautiful strand. Just like we are in Christ! The whole body of believers, bound together by Jesus Christ make one magnificent treasure.
Ladies, I love you all very much. Philippians 1: 3 & 4 sum up my thought for you today, "I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all."
7 comments:
You are so beautiful inside and out. Even though you are physically not here, you can still get me all choked up inside. I miss you and love you bunches.
Angie, this is exactly why it is so easy to love you!
You are such a wonderful inspiration to all of us. You show Christ love in everything you do, as well as glow in His love. You are as lovely as those pearls. We treasure you and love you.
Awww, you girls are so sweet. I sure miss sharing God's Word with you. And I KNOW you are really, really missing my maps!!
I love ya!
You know, Evelyn actually looked up something on a map in the back of her bible, and I kinda chuckled thinking....Angie would have had a blown up projector of the area already on the wall before class began. lol... you will always be known for how well you handle the maps.
Angie,
You are one of a kind. And you are a really, really good teacher. I love to hear youu teach!!!
Sarah
Thanks for sending your blog to me. what a beautiful necklace and the love it shows even more so. It just gives me a glimpse of what you left behind to follow God's will. No matter where we are we are all sisters in Christ.
Post a Comment