16 January 2009

happy birthday, abigail kate

Monday * January 16 * 1995 * 4:59 a.m.
After being told more than likely I would never be able to conceive children, you
(and the Lord!) proved them wrong. We brought home the perfect baby girl.....at least until two days later when you began screaming your head off. The adventure began.
One thing I remember the most is riding home with you from the hospital. We were a nervous wreck! Can we really just take this baby home with us? What do we do with her? Do they trust us? Is this even legal? I was washed over with fear. So afraid of making mistakes, and boy did we make plenty!
You put us to work right away. Normally, colic sets in about two weeks after bringing the baby home. Normally. You were already showing your individuality and trying to be a trendsetter that you started two days after coming home. Ugh. The doctor even felt sorry for us (or was that a chuckle I heard?). He said you were one of "those" babies that are classified as having severe colic. Again, showing your head-strong personality.
In many ways, you are a guinea pig. Sometimes that works to your advantage and sometimes not. Just please remember that no matter how many mistakes we make, we are crazy-madly in love with you. You are beautiful on the outside and radiant on the inside. You make us proud.
Above all, I consider it a high honor to be able to call you my sister in Christ. I know you have heard me say it many, many times (you can probably say it from memory!) that God has an amazing plan for your future. You, my love, will be an incredible force in God's army. He won't waste that individuality and head-strong personality that He placed in you from birth.
Psalm 1:3, "He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Angie, she is getting so grown up. She looks more like you every day. May God continue to bless you!
Love ya!
Tracy