My mission trip photo's are up! The picture here is one of my very favorite. I am standing with Simon. Last year, Simon and I bonded. It was hard to wait a whole year to see him again. However, I am sure the year seemed much longer to him. He knew I was coming and was expecting me. As soon as I got off the bus, he was standing there waiting with a huge smile and a big hug. I absolutely love that boy.I came across a quote in a magazine (Real Simple-my favorite!), that made me immediately think of Simon. It reads, "A gift is pure when it is given from the heart to the right person at the right time and at the right place, and when we expect nothing in return."The last day was hard, knowing it could be another year before we would see one another. We hugged and I cried, then Simon presented me with a gift. It was two carved wooden figures of a man and woman. He gave them to me and said, "This is for you, my mamma. I have one mamma here and you are my mamma too." As poor as they are, he gave away what he had.Simon's gift was truly given from his heart, to the right person-me, at the right time-a goodbye, at the right place-Haiti, and he expected nothing in return.Simon, may Christ bless you beyond measure, in ways that I could never comprehend. I love you.17 December 2008
my haitian son
My mission trip photo's are up! The picture here is one of my very favorite. I am standing with Simon. Last year, Simon and I bonded. It was hard to wait a whole year to see him again. However, I am sure the year seemed much longer to him. He knew I was coming and was expecting me. As soon as I got off the bus, he was standing there waiting with a huge smile and a big hug. I absolutely love that boy.I came across a quote in a magazine (Real Simple-my favorite!), that made me immediately think of Simon. It reads, "A gift is pure when it is given from the heart to the right person at the right time and at the right place, and when we expect nothing in return."The last day was hard, knowing it could be another year before we would see one another. We hugged and I cried, then Simon presented me with a gift. It was two carved wooden figures of a man and woman. He gave them to me and said, "This is for you, my mamma. I have one mamma here and you are my mamma too." As poor as they are, he gave away what he had.Simon's gift was truly given from his heart, to the right person-me, at the right time-a goodbye, at the right place-Haiti, and he expected nothing in return.Simon, may Christ bless you beyond measure, in ways that I could never comprehend. I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hi Angie! I would love to go and do something like this! God Bless you for giving away your love.
Tracy
Oh Angie, I just knew that the Lord was use you to bless those people just as much as He uses you to bless people here. I am so excited to hear about all the things that happened while you were in Haiti. I am sure Simon is counting down the times until you are able to see one another again. Much love to you!
Julie
great words of truth,i'm trying to dry my eyes were i can write.those 3 boys are the great future of haiti.i may not be around to see but they with God leading them will change the whole nation.the one we called T-Bone ask could he call me dad,so i know what you are going thru.we can't change everything but if we can help and lead one at a time God will add to.i look at our young ones and see how great of a future for missions that is coming.well i could talk forever sis but have you been nice or bad bad bad, i hope you get something geat for Christmas O deborah is coming to see YOU that is enough. see ya soon little sis
Gal 6:9 your brother
Tracy-
You CAN do something like this. Join us next year!
Julie-
I wish I were half the person you make me out to be! If I am ever having a crummy day, all I have to do is read your posts. I love you!
Stump,
Me good or bad? Well, you KNOW the answer to that, silly. I am ALWAYS good!! (stop laughing!)
And, yes, I am getting something great for Christmas.....a visit from my brother and sister from Cedar Hill! Love you!
good grief! I can see now when I sit down to read your blog I need to always have a tissue in hand. I hope to be able to make the trip over there one day too!
Ashley,
You are so funny! Although, knowing your tender heart, I can see you needing kleenex.
I need your email. Send it to my at shockley5@windstream.net
love you!
I know you won't believe this but I miss you, I miss you, I miss you!!! Jesus shines thru you, my sis. You really need to write a book re: your walk. Love ya so much!!
Post a Comment