30 July 2008

love in action

Philemon 1:4-5, "I thank my God always, making mention of you in my prayers, becaue I hear of your love and of the faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints."

I thank the Lord for the people that He has placed in the lives of my family who continually bless us. Either by their love , their generosity or their prayers. I tend to lend my mind toward those EGR people (extra grace required- Rick Warren's, not my own) and dwell on the ones who give me fits. May the Lord help me to be more aware of those that are a blessing to my family and to be more thankful for how He uses them to bless us. And in turn, that my eyes would be opened to opportunities to love them back. Often we tell our girls that you can show love by your actions. May I be more aware of how to show love in action.

What are some ways that you try to show love in action?

15 comments:

Pastor Brad said...

I try to rub my wife's feet and back every day, buy her random gifts, shower her with love and affection... you name it. Yeah, I'm pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

I clean the house, and fold clothes...well, sometimes. :) hehe.

Anonymous said...

wish I was sitting on that front porch! You know me & this computer. So, not sure what to do. But this is a nice

idea!

Mary Lou said...

love in action.... sharing peanut brittle with friends :)
lou

angie shockley said...

Brad-While your comment was
pretty accurate, I do take
up issue with the whole feet
and back thing. (ahem*cough)

angie shockley said...

Mary Lou- You gave me the biggest smile this morning. Yes, peanut brittle and lou make for a whole lotta love!

Mary Lou said...

I gotta work on getting me a 'glamour' shot like yours, on my profile :) However this is a love in action....our Mexico cruise

Sarah E. said...

Angie,
I'm so glad you made it in the blogging world.

My love in action would be, thanking them by telling them or writing a note, praying for them, and looking for ways I can minister back to them.

Anonymous said...

Love in action can be holding your daughter in your lap and rocking her after her ceilig colapsed and ruined all her clothes and furniture. Just loving you no matter what is good too!
Love you,
Mother

Anonymous said...

Love in action to me means hugging & showing love to everyone. I have been shown so much love by action, such as my sis/cuz allowing me to live w/her since I am homeless.

Anonymous said...

This weekend, my sweet husband took care of all three kids while I attended the Beth Moore simulcast at our church. The house was clean, all three kids were fed, and even the dog had been taken out when I got home. THAT'S some sweet love right there.

Anonymous said...

i don't find something easy to show so that's why i have sisters like angie and lou, lov yall

Anonymous said...

I sent cards to all my friends as well as my family that says I care and you are special to me. I leave notes or cards in Bill's suitcase when he is traveling so he will find them when he unpacks. I send the grandkids boxes for their birthdays and other times since they are not close enough to see. They love it!
Gaye

Anonymous said...

by calling,cards & little "luv ya gifts". Just saying I love you sometimes. And sometimes just listening & passing along a hug or two.

Anonymous said...

hello and HAPPY BIRTHDAY......LOVE YA.